As Thanksgiving begins I’m feeling many things; a little overwhelmed, happy, lucky, fortunate, and nostalgic are top of mind.
Let’s start with the great things in my life that I’m thankful for:
- Being alive
- Continuing to be more independent in my recovery
- Family (although most of them are far away)
- My amazing boyfriend Charles
- Best Friends (although most of them are far away too)
- My employees at Zenefits
- The larger team at Zenefits
- Kaiser and his amazing listening skills
- Michael, Theda, Marki, Tami, Candi, and family for having us over for turkey
- My roommate’s health and safety
- My mind
- My drive
- And so much more!
There are a few things that are still concerning me unfortunately, but we won’t dwell on those today.
This time of year I think I will always miss being in NYC and the energy of the city for the parade and the holiday windows on 5th avenue and the amazing parties. I’m trying to figure out how to make my first holiday season in my house special since I’ll be with family on Christmas. Maybe just some modest exterior decorations?
We are considering actually doing Black Friday shopping this year, which would be a first for me. Any advice?
How are you celebrating the holiday and what are you thankful for?
Be safe, take care of yourself, and let those that you love know how much they mean to you. Happy Thanksgiving!